Monday, October 8, 2012

Who knew?

Apparently, dogs can get hairballs, as we found out early this morning. Never thought I'd get annoyed with a dog for licking himself too much...

In other news, Charlie hasn't gotten into the trash in about twenty-four hours. This may or may not have something to do with the chili powder I dumped all over the garbage. I'm actually secretly hoping he'll get into it so I can snigger as he sneezes.

This is a crazy smart dog though, I kid you not...the last couple of days we've been using a shock collar on him to get him to stop barking (I refuse to be that annoying neighbor with a dog that barks all hours of the night). But he's already figured out that when he's not wearing the collar, he doesn't get shocked! I let him out this morning, and before I'd even gotten back into the house, he was off howling at the dog across the alley behind our house! So I called him back in, put the collar on and let him back outside, and I haven't heard a peep from him in the last half hour. Sigh...he wasn't supposed to figure that out so quickly.

On a completely different, non-dog-related subject, my husband has the wierdest colloquialisms (cool word, no? I had to look it up to make sure I was using it right, but that's one of the biggest words I've actually managed to use!). I need to make a list...he was rattling them off to me on the way home from a movie Friday night. My original favorite was "That'd gag a maggot!" (just say it out loud once, and you'll realize why...it's fun to say!), but that got replaced by another one that I can't remember just yet...I'll be sure to plop him down on the couch and grill him for colloquialisms til he's squirming like a cat on a hot tin roof.

More on that tomorrow! Have a fabulous Monday!

2 comments :

  1. We really need to meet this paragon of intelligence. I refuse to be one of those people who has "grand-dogs" but you still oughta bring him down sometime. Maybe a Sunday afternoon or something. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, I learned the word "colloquialism" from watching Bones... Brennan is just too smart, and she's starting to teach me stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete