Monday, November 12, 2012

Charlie's thought(s) of the day

6:15 a.m.

They're awake! Must bounce to convey the fullness of my bladder. Potty dance! Potty dance! Potty da...aaahhhh. Relief. Food! Food! Food! Must sit and wait. Foo...!

"Snarf gobble crunch. Wheeze."

"Slow down, Charlie!"

Something caught in throat, but must keep eating. Food disappears as fast as I can eat.

"Hack hack, cough."

"Dumb dog...never slows down."

Food's gone. Double check. Food's gone. Play? Play? Please? Play? Kong! Play! Outside? To play? Okay! Wait, where'd you go? No play? Same every day. Boring humans. Oh! Squirrel!

Run! Bark! Run! Bark! Bark! Bark! Hooooooowl! Begone, fiendish trash truck! Cold. Inside? Please? Fine. Will make do with dumb little house.

Zzzzzzzz.

Wazzat?

"Bark! Barkbarkbark!"

Oh. Nothing important.

Zzzzzzz.

2:15 p.m.

Door slam. Humans home? Human home!! Must bounce! Play? Play? No! Don't sit down with your project! Then you ignore me! Don't ignore me! I'll make it impossible! See my toy? See it up close? I'll even let you play with it! Sorry about the slobber. Why'd you throw it? Here. I'll give you another cha...stop that! No, I wouldn't like to lay down, thank you. Oh, you insist? Dern it. Wait, did you say I could get up? Oh. You know, I think I'll lay down.

Zzzzzzzzzz.

4:30

What'cha doin' now?

People food! Must have! Share? No, I wouldn't like to get out either. Oh fine. Party pooper. I'll just be over here sulking and making you sorry you put me in exile.

How 'bout share now? Fine, I'll go out, but this is the last time, you hear?

Now? Can I just clean the floor? Ugh...hair on my tongue. Probably mine.

How 'bout now?

No, I wouldn't like to go outside, either...............but it appears I have no choice. Play? Play?

Are you bringing people food with us?

Wait, where'd you go? Again?

Humans.

Squirrel!

"Bark! Bark! Barkbarkbark! Hoooooowwwl!"

1 comment :

  1. See, kids are way less pain than puppies. Depending on who you ask, of course.

    ReplyDelete