Friday, December 21, 2012

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Happy apocolypse, everybody! But I think the more important greeting would be "Happy shortest day of the year". It's the most wonderful time of the year today, because for the next six months, the days will be getting longer. No more driving to work at eight with the sun just barely peeking up over the river, no more feeling like going to bed at five o'clock in the evening because the sun set half an hour ago. Nope, we're talking sunshine smorgasboard. Sunburns galore. Heatstroke, even. It makes the fact that we still have four months of winter ahead of us seem bearable. Kind of. That part is still pretty depressing.

Today was my last day of work before a FIVE DAY WEEKEND! Pretty stoked. We had the older sister of the three girls we usually watch, today. She's usually in school, but her winter break started today. It's amazing how the presence of one older kid can make a huge difference in how the others act. She actually knows how to share and get along without bursting into tears (which, admittedly, doesn't happen all the time, but it's frequent enough to make one roll their eyes), and it somehow rubs off onto the other girls, and all of a sudden, we have harmonious interaction.

Until someone jumps off the bed onto a toddler. But that's a story for another time. Not even really a story. It just goes THUD....shriiieeeekkkk!!

On the agenda for today was making and decorating sugar cookies!


This little boy was even more adorable than usual in his itty bitty cowboy shirt. I fell in love all over again.


And took a hundred pictures of him, of course.


Later in the afternoon, we'll be squeezing into impossibly tiny spaces,


Followed by some Salon:


Modeled by Big Sister (I'd abbreviate that, but...you know)


Then, being short on baked goods to sell, we'll sell some siblings!


Steeply discounted, today only!


There may be some doodling,


Followed by a second round of sister selling!


Big Sister took advantage of the fact that none of her little sisters can read yet. She had them posing by this sign, but didn't tell them what it said. Talk about sneaky!


"Oh my goo'ness. That's tewwible."


"I wonder what I look like when I eat? Let's find out!"


We also grooved to Gangnam Style, which is the girls' jam. R really boogies down. There's not much cuter than a red headed toddler shaking her booty (she's got more moves than 99% of the adults out there) to Asian dubstep.


Anywho, I plan to spend my Christmas break sewing another puff quilt for the daycare and getting ready for company next weekend! I'm off to go to bed. Have to rest up to prepare myself for all the strenuous activity that's never going to happen if I have any say about it.

Hope y'all have just as fun of a time!

2 comments :

  1. Ha! Love the last sentence. Who's the company? (I know, you probably told me but . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had Devin L, Joe K, and Donovan O for lunch on Saturday. I dunno if I did tell you or not lol...I'll forgive whoever had the memory lapse =)

    ReplyDelete