Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Charlie...

Has officially landed in his new home. A very nice kid (about 18) from Shelby picked him up today. He's a hunting fanatic (including ducks) and is hopefully going to train him for that, but the best part of the situation is that he wants to take Charlie with him basically everywhere. For a dog that's easily bored, I think that'll be fantastic. Both man and dog seemed pretty happy with each other (but when is Charlie not happy?), and I think they'll make a good pair.

Meanwhile, our yard is empty.

I've walked past the sliding glass door about fourteen times since we got home and started to ask where the dog was. Oh right.

I'm gonna miss this little turd.







I'm gonna go bawl now. And I'm going to blame it entirely on hormones, just because I can.

2 comments :

  1. "Hormones" works. Think of it as your first child leaving home. Tugs at your heart, but you know it's for the best. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures look so much like Amos, I do a double take every time I see them. Maybe you will see him now and then when you go to Shelby? Hormones is a wonderful excuse, but I think I would totally cry too, I did when I had to give up Aylah :(

    ReplyDelete