Thursday, September 19, 2013

Babysitting is life at its most glamorous.

Actually, we're housesitting, but that's not much to worry about, because I've never yet seen a house stay out past curfew or refuse to take a nap or anything so unruly. Our babysit-ee's aren't exactly high maintenance, either...Logan and Sarah, my high school-aged cousins. Except for the constant partying, and occasional attempts to set the house on fire, we haven't had any issue with them!

Okay, actually, we've done basically nothing around here this week, which is why I haven't posted in a while. Sunday, I drove down to Belgrade for an orthodontist appointment on Monday morning, then back up that afternoon to watch a couple kids for two hours. Six hours of driving, total, for what turned out to be a six minute appointment. Uhh...what? I was under the impression I was getting a new retainer, but apparently that doesn't happen until my tooth implant is finished in January or February, and this was just a check up appointment to make sure my current retainer (the spit-tray type) is doing its job. Apparently it is--hence, the six minute appointment.

Aside from that, we've been up to absolutely nothing.

That includes cleaning.

Sarah and I plan to attack the house Saturday morning before her folks get back. And as a reward for our procrastination, we're heading off to Real Deals afterward! (For those of you that are unfamiliar, it's basically the coolest store for home decorating I've ever been in.) I've got a guest room to decorate before the company we're expecting on Monday evening. Speaking of which, remember how I said I was going to not tell Tanner of my redecorating plans until it was basically done? Well I had to tell him so I could get permission to buy another can of paint. Charges for $31.99 at Ace are all to common on our bank statement, and generally incriminate me. Even though I had painted three of the previously-tan walls a bright, ocean-y blue, he only noticed what I'd done because I still had one corner unpainted.

Observation, thine name is Tanner.

Anyway, I figure he probably won't notice if I buy a shelf or two and some knick-knacks for the same room, because of...well, his previous track record. Did I tell you about the time he stared at red wall for half an hour before he realized it hadn't been that way when he left for work? Yeah, I think he's what you might call notorious for such things.

Hey...did anyone else hear that story on the news about the cows that were beaten to death in the middle of the night? Based on evidence found at the scene, the murder weapon was a pair of ceramic garden gnomes. The cows were basically beaten to a pulp, causing police to call this the first known case of a knick-knack patty whack.

There was also some story about Hugh Hefner kicking a couple of monks selling flowers to tourists off his property. A quote from one of the authorities who reported on the case later said "This certainly proves that only Hugh can prevent florist friars."

I'm really sorry. This is how bored I've been lately.

I'll refrain from rattling off any more drivel.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else tend to use words and then just cross their fingers that they used it in the right context? That's the nice thing about blogging vs. actually communicating with the outside world face to face. I had time to look up the definition of "drivel" before I posted it, just to make sure I wasn't about to make a fool of myself. Turns out one of its synonyms is "twaddle" (my new favorite, and soon to be over-used, word), which I definitely didn't know...but then again, I'm not exactly omnivorous--I've never claimed to know everything.

I'm laughing a little too hard at my own jokes now. I think I'll go to bed.

5 comments :

  1. Hey, I'm laughing at your jokes too :-) I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm laughing at your jokes too :-) I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just thought I'd let you know . . . we're coming home a day early. (evil chortle) And since the next couple days will be ultra busy, could you have a couple meals in the freezer? Oh, and I'll probably need the guest room. (guffaw)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm I think you ARE an omnivore. It is a person who eats plants and animals. ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol I was hoping someone would catch that, Dad. I make funny!

    ReplyDelete