Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Black Bean Dip



I was asked by a friend the other day when I was going to get around to writing up the recipe for the bean dip my husband had bragged to her husband about. I thought I had already written it at one point (I had the pictures saved to my computer, at least), so it was a good thing she asked. Otherwise, it probably would never have been posted, and you guys would still be missing out! (Have I ever mentioned just how glad I am that I'm from a family of good cooks? This concoction was thought up in our Aunt Julie's kitchen...she definitely deserves the credit for this post!)

So, here goes!


You will need: 

1 can black beans
1 block cream cheese (preferably room temp, but it won't be the end of the world if its cold)
1 clove garlic (half a teaspoon if you use the stuff I do)
1/2 c salsa (I like to use chunky...it seems to turn out runny if I don't)
1/2 packet taco seasoning (two tablespoons)
1/2 bunch of cilantro, stems and all (or the equivalent of the paste...I got tired of never having cilantro on hand when I wanted it, so I go this route now. It doesn't go bad so quickly)
1-2 tbsp lime juice
A few shakes of Chalula, depending on how spicy you want it.


And one of these. You'll definitely need a food processor. I haven't found anything (except maybe a blender) that works quite the same. I actually bought this special for making bean dip--that's how yummy this stuff is.


Dump it all in, in no particular order, then let it run on high until it's completely blended. It'll look something like this.


I then put it in a container, stick it in the fridge, and eat it over the course of the next week.Ha. Who am I kidding? More like over the next two days--it rarely lasts longer than that!


Go try it out and tell me what you think! It's a great, quick solution for potlucks (goes over like hotcakes) or football games (I hear the Super Bowl is coming up soon!)...or you could make a batch, not tell anyone, and eat it all yourself!

This post is hosted by Treasure Box Tuesday, Foodie FridayIn & Out of the Kitchen,  Craft-o-Maniac Monday, Amaze Me Monday, Tweak It Tuesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Inspire Me Wednesday, Show & Share Wednesday, Creative Muster, Catch A Glimpse, Create It Thursday, The Mommy Club, and Inspiration Monday, and Foodie Friday blog hops.

5 comments :

  1. this looks fantastic! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why your husband was bragging. This sounds delicious! Thanks for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cream cheese, black beans, and cilantro?? I am SO in! Thank you for sharing this at Treasure Box Tuesday! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day Looks healthy indeed!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Viewed as part of the Foodie Friends Friday Valentine's Day Party!
    Cheers! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday Valentine's Party and I hope you will join us again this week for our Snack Food theme...

    ReplyDelete