Monday, January 20, 2014

Road Trippin' With the Munchkin

Currently, my tush is parked on Kirtsyn's couch as she chases chickens across the neighborhood, but that doesn't actually have anything to do with this post. Actually, it kind of does, because this post is about packing to go to Kirstyn's. But it has nothing to do with chickens.

I've become a pro at packing for trips that involve Wade and I, since I've been on exactly three overnight trips with him in his lifetime. So proud was I of my newly discovered ability to pack lightly, I decided to share it with you.

This is the bag I packed. It's much smaller than the one I usually take just for me.


In it went a dozen diapers, a box of wipes, about seven changes of clothes for Wade, because he likes to spit up on every clean set he is clothed in, all of my clothes, my bag o'hygenic products (crazy stuff like deodorant and a toothbrush and such), an extra blanket, a laptop, four rather large books, and my garden planning notebook/seed catalogues.


Okay, maybe this post isn't about my light-packing abilities, it's about my mad suitcase-stuffing skill, 'cause I fit it all in there, no issue. The pack'n'play didn't quite fit, so I had to leave it behind.


The only big issue was that I couldn't zip it up when I got Wade in it. Guess I'll have to take the carseat after all...


But seriously, just how cute can one baby get?

Uhh, Mom? What was that all about?

2 comments :

  1. I have that exact bag (plus a hundred more similar ones since I sell them:) Works great as a carry on for airplanes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Just wait you get better at it with each child that comes along. Babies are awesome, but I am to the stage of being fine with "borrowing" a baby for a half an hour or so. ;)
    Enjoy this stage while you have the opportunity, before you know it he will be a teenager and taller than you, and probably teasing you about how short you are. ;)
    cabinofbows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete