Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Almond Poppyseed Bread


Have I mentioned before that I absolutely adore Pinterest? Well, my infatuation has grown stronger since I found this recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything.

It's four different kinds of delicious, and you absolutely must try it in the very near future.

The best part about it?

It's so easy! Like, one of the easiest baked goods I've ever had the pleasure to make.


  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/8 cups cooking oil
  • 2 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 1/2 T. poppy seeds
  • 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 tsp butter flavoring extract (or 1 1/2 tsp melted butter can be substituted)


  • Step one: Start dumping ingredients into a bowl.


    Step two: repeat step one.


    Step three: Keep going until all the ingredients are in the bowl.


    Mix it all up!


    This isn't really necessary, but I decided to do it because I get really tired of having my loaves come out of the oven all different sizes. So, I figured out how many ounces of batter I had and divided it by six (because that's how many mini-loaves it makes. You can also make two full size loaves).


    In the end, it divided out to ten and a quarter ounces per pan! Ignore the number on the scale...that was including the weight of the pan.


    I baked them at 325 for 40 minutes and they came out perfectly! If you aren't using dark pans, though, you can bake them at 350 for slightly shorter. Bear in mind that full sized loaf cakes are obviously going to take a little longer; about 50-60 minutes at 350.


    Oh...I also strongly recommend using non-stick spray of some sort. You'll regret it if you don't...


    Pop them out of the oven and enjoy! They're heavenly when they're warm!


    There's also a glaze that goes along with this recipe that is really good, but I left it off this time because Tanner requested it. It adds a little extra crunch, but it comes with a whole lot of extra sweet, as well. (That's a good thing in my book, but I'll leave it up to you to decide!)

    1/4 c orange juice
    3/4 c sugar
    1.5 Tbsp vanilla
    1.5 Tbsp almond extract
    1.5 Tbsp butter

    Combine over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved, and spoon over loaves after you take them out of the pan. Trust me on that one. Tried it, and had a huge mess on my hands when I tried to get them out.

    Hope you like these as much as I did!

    No comments :

    Post a Comment